- Send SMS (Text) with a secret you set and receive the location of the phone via SMS.
- The location SMS contains a Google Maps link as well as the street address for the location.
- The location is determined by using the GPS first and then network location.
- The same secret SMS will turn on the ringer (if on silent) and reset the volume to the maximum level. This is to find the phone you lost between the pillows in your couch.
- If you are using k9mail, you can trigger a location message by sending a secret email.
- Designed to be robust and not drain your battery (Using BroadcastReceiver API).
- Will always be 100% free with the source freely available at http://findmyphone.sf.net
- Click on the app to get the settings view
- Check "Active" to enable the service or uncheck it to disable all functionality
- Set the "Secret" to the exact text you want to trigger a location SMS. This text needs to go first in the SMS you are sending from another phone.
Whenever you want to find your phone, simply pick up your friends phone and send a new SMS containing your secret text. Within 1-2 minutes (depending on your network provider, etc) you should receive an SMS with the location of your phone. Also you may now call it and listen for the ringer
- Make sure you check the "Active" checkbox
- Set the "Secret text" and "Email prefix"
- Check "Email trigger"
- Enter a valid gmail-user and password that the app will use to send replies from
- Make sure you have k9mail installed on your phone and set it to "push" och "poll"
- Now send an regular email to the email-adddress that k9mail is using
- Once k9mail receives the email, FindMyPhone will trigger and check the subject for the secrets provided earlier
- The subject of the email must start with the "Email prefix" and contain the "Secret text" for FindMyPhone to trigger
- Once FindMyPhone has found your phone's location, a reply will be sent, using the Gmail-user as sender
- Changed to beta software
- Number of fixes
- Disabled the SIM-card change feature
- Added email-trigger / reply functionality
- New launcher-icon
- App2SD support
- Initial release
- Secret SMS functionality from Alpha version
- Added SIM change detection
- Added detailed logging to help searching for reported faults
- Tried to improve GPS fix by prolonging timeout
- Added some improvement for SIM change detection. Still needs more work to work with PIN-locked SIM cards
- Fixed one bug with getting network fix if GPS is active but fail to fix.
- Found and fixed another bug if the phone didn't have a last known location for either GPS or Network.